Google Career Certificates is a program offered by the Grow with Google initiative. It aims to help individuals access the best of Google’s training resources and use them to grow their skills, careers, and businesses. They are all taught by the Google Career Certificates team of instructors, who have expertise in their respective fields.
Each of these certificates can be completed in as little as six months. They are designed to be flexible and completed without any prior experience. It is perfect for even the busiest of individuals and can help them take their careers to the next level. According to Google, 75% of Google Career Certificate graduates in the U.S. have reported an improvement in their career trajectory within six months of completion. Furthermore, upon completion of any Google Career Certificate, students are allowed to directly apply for jobs with Google and over 150 U.S. employers.
In this article, we have gathered some of the best Google Career Certificates to take in this year. Whether you are looking to pivot into a new career or improve your current skills, Google Career Certificates can help you grow and take you one step closer to success.
Project Management Professional Certificate
Google’s Project Management Professional Certificate is an interactive course that aims to prepare students for project management careers in a variety of fields. With over 140 hours of carefully curated lectures and case studies, students will have opportunities to practice their skills and envision them being put to use in a real-world setting. They will also have completed an applied learning project that allows them to showcase their new project management skills.
To earn this certificate, students must complete the following six courses:
- Foundations of Project Management
- Project Initiation: Starting a Successful Project
- Project Planning: Putting It All Together
- Project Execution: Running the Project
- Agile Project Management
- Capstone: Applying Project Management in the Real World
Upon completion, students will learn how to create risk management plans, manage team dynamics, create budgets, and more. They will also have practiced Agile project management, focusing primarily on Scrum techniques. Students will have gained the strategic communication, problem-solving, and stakeholder management skills required to succeed in any entry-level project management role.
Data Analytics Professional Certificate
With over 380,000 U.S. job openings and a median entry-level salary of $74,000, you may want to consider a career in data analytics. The Data Analytics Professional Certificate will help you to break into an entry-level data analytics role without a college degree.
With as little as 10 hours of commitment a week, this certificate will teach students key data analytics principles and software such as spreadsheets, SQL, R programming, and Tableau. To earn this certificate, students must complete the following courses:
- Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere
- Ask Questions to make Data-Driven Decisions
- Prepare Data for Exploration
- Process Data from Dirty to Clean
- Analyze Data to Answer Questions
- Share Data Through the Art of Visualization
- Data Analysis with R Programming
- Google Data Analytics Capstone: Complete a Case Study
IT Support Professional Certificate
The IT Support Professional Certificate can serve as a fast track to breaking into the competitively paid field of IT. Adding this certificate to your resume will show employers, that you have successfully learned key skills such as troubleshooting, debugging, Linux, Command-Line Interface, and Binary Code.
To earn this certificate students must complete the following 5 courses:
- Technical Support Fundamentals
- The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
- Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User
- System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
- IT Security: Defense Against the Digital Dark Arts
The courses apart of this certificate serve to not only teach valuable skills but also prepare students for the CompTIA A+ Exam, a widely-recognized credential valued by many employers. Upon completion of both the IT Support Professional Certificate and the CompTIA A+ exam, students will gain a dual credential that will help them to stand out in today’s competitive workforce.
IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate
Although similar to the certificate listed above, Google’s IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate is designed to help current IT professionals take their careers to the next level. Upon completion of this certificate, students will be prepared for a variety of roles in IT such as more advanced IT Support Specialist or Junior Systems Administrator positions.
To earn this certificate, students must complete the following 6 courses:
- Crash Course on Python
- Using Python to Interact with the Operating System
- Introduction to Git and GitHub
- Troubleshooting and Debugging techniques
- Configuration Management and the Cloud
- Automating Real-World Tasks with Python
This program helps students build upon their IT foundations and teaches them how to use Python, a commonly used programming language, to automate common administrative tasks. Along with learning how to program with Python, students will also be able to practice using Git and Github, as well as hone their troubleshooting and debugging skills.
Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Professional Certificate
The Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Professional Certificate is designed to teach students the fundamentals of digital marketing and how to engage with customers through different digital marketing channels. This certificate has over 190 hours of content, split amongst the following 7 courses:
- Foundations of Digital Marketing and E-Commerce
- Attract and Engage Customers with Digital Marketing
- From Likes to Leads: Interact with Customers Online
- Think Outside the Inbox: Email Marketing
- Assess for Success: Marketing Analytics and Measurement
- Make the Sale: Build, Launch, and Manage E-Commerce Stores
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Develop Customer Loyalty Online
This course will review how to use a plethora of digital marketing software such as Canva, Constant Contact, Google Ads, HubSpot, and more. It will specifically teach students how to use such software to build e-commerce operations, analyze online performance, and grow customer loyalty. This certificate is perfect not only for individuals looking to shift into a digital marketing role, but also those looking to start their own business.