We are currently accepting applications for editorial associate roles. The roles are currently held for 6 months on a voluntary basis.
We are looking for ambitious, curious, and creative people who want to have an active role in divulging information and knowledge about Artificial Intelligence while networking with some of the brightest minds in this exponentially-growing field.
Benefits for Editorial Associates
The editorial associate role is a platform that can be leveraged in several ways. Here is a list of the main benefits of joining:
- Grow your network and build high-quality relationships with tech and business industry leaders, influencers, experts.
- Learn from top experts how technology is changing business and the world.
- Build and grow your own personal brand.
- Join a network of like-minded people who want to share knowledge and opportunities about AI.
- Receive free tickets to our partner tech and business events and conferences worldwide in exchange for coverage on AITJ.
How it works
We currently provide two main options or “tracks” for the editorial associates.
Based on your interests, you can choose to publish interviews with industry leaders and experts, or to publish your articles about AI, typically to showcase your technical knowledge and expertise, and to share with the community the lessons you learn along the way in your journey.
You can also choose to publish both article types.
Interview industry leaders and AI experts
In the past year, we have interviewed 70+ C-level executives, experts and influencers in AI across several industries. If you are interested in conducting interviews with AI industry leaders and experts, we provide the editorial associates with:
- Suggestions for topics or themes for their interviews (if you don’t have one).
- A step-by-step process to connect with interview guests.
- Instructions to conduct the interviews: typically this will occur through a written Q&A via email, but if you are interested in phone or video interviews, those are options too.
- Writing an introduction for the interview article.
- We take care of publishing and promoting the interview.
Publish your AI, Data Science, Deep Learning technical articles
One of the ways you can use the editorial associate role is to build a portfolio of technical articles and useful guides for people in data science.
In this case, you will typically share your knowledge and experience based on what you are studying, projects you are working on, and so forth.
We are constantly surveying top performers in data science and gathering insights from them: editorial associates are encouraged to network with them and/or to publish content that summarizes the key insights and advices that are being collected.
What is expected from the editorial associate?
We expect the following from editorial associates:
- Curiosity and interest in AI and exponential technologies applied to a specific context or industry, ideally with an ambition to become an expert in the field.
- Interest in connecting with leaders and innovators who are having an impact with AI (especially if you wish to publish interviews).
- Good writing skills (especially if you wish to publish your own technical articles).
- Native or fluent English.
Do I need to commit a fixed amount of time?
We do not require editorial associates to commit a fixed amount of time to hold the role.
The editorial associate role is a platform that you can leverage to advance in your career by building and growing your profile and your network in AI. It is up to you to decide how much time to invest in this opportunity.
How much time will holding the role typically require?
Below is an indication of the time investment that could be expected to succeed and get results based on your goals.
For publishing your technical articles: In this case, the time required to succeed will depend mainly on how quickly you can create high-quality articles based on your ideas, experience, and current projects.
For publishing interviews: Since we take care of most of the time-consuming activities in the publishing process and we give you a step-by-step process to produce an interview article, it could take you about 1 or 2 hours per interview at the beginning: this is including the time to identify and reach out to potential interview guests, which may be the most time-consuming part on your side.
Once you have published a few articles, and you start having a portfolio of interviews published, you may start getting requests from potential guests who have seen your previous interviews. This means that you won’t have to spend much time reaching out to guests, and the time to produce one interview will probably be under or around 1 hour.
Is the editorial associate a paid role?
As mentioned earlier, the role is currently held on a voluntary basis and is therefore an unpaid role.
However, in the case of publishing interviews, if you consistently interview high-quality guests and are able to create interest around a topic or industry such that companies in that space will start demanding to be featured in your interviews, there will be opportunities to earn commissions on paid interviews or article sponsorships.
Please notice that your motivation to join as an editorial associate should not be monetary-based, and the first 5 interviews published by editorial associates are always free for the guests. We believe that passion precedes money, and our goal is to build a team of people who are passionate about sharing knowledge about the challenges and opportunities presented by AI.
How to apply
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV (or LinkedIn profile URL) and indicate why you would like to join, what topic(s) you want to specialize in, any questions you might have, and if you have any, attach examples of your previous writing.
- Register for a contributor account.
Once we have processed your application, we will invite you to complete your application by submitting your first article.
Your journey as an editorial associate will officially start once your second article is published, and your author profile will show “Editorial Associate” as the title (see an example here).
We look forward to receiving your application!