AI Time Journal contributors include data scientists, domain experts and company founders who share a vision in divulging information, knowledge and new opportunities in Artificial Intelligence.
Why get involved
- Become a thought leader in an exponentially-growing field by showcasing your expertise and knowledge.
- Receive free tickets to AI conferences and events in exchange for coverage on AITJ.
- Receive priority when you apply to join as an Associate Editor.
- Join a network of like-minded people who want to share knowledge and opportunities about AI.
Contributor Article Guidelines
We believe that by creating an environment where readers can learn and consume objective and insightful information, both authors and readers will benefit.
The guidelines for the contributor articles that we publish are designed to build a high-quality publication that delivers to this promise.
100% Original to AI Time Journal
To guarantee the quality of the publication and create value for both the readers and the authors who apply to be involved, we publish only original content that adds value (no text copied from other sources or articles already published by the author).
As of January 2020, we do not publish articles that have already been published elsewhere.
We use Copyscape to detect non-original content.
To build trust with the readers, make sure to support your claims in your articles with links and references to authoritative sources.
Educational, informative, entertaining content
We accept articles from contributors who are experts in AI, Data Science, and adjacent tech verticals (Big Data, IoT, AR/VR, etc.).
The content should share knowledge and not be promotional or contain calls to action. We reserve the right to remove content which does not comply with these guidelines.
Non-promotional and pitch-free
Contributor articles should be valuable sources of information for the readers, not advertisements. Occasional stories or examples from your business are accepted if you are making a point, but the bulk of the content of your article should not be about your business. You can use your author bio to mention your business.
We reserve the right to remove any content (text, links, images, etc.) that we deem as promotional from the articles.
Please notice that for the articles that are accepted, we will remove any external link that seems promotional.
Grammar & Spelling
For your article to be published, please make sure that there are no grammar or spelling mistakes before submission. We recommend using the Grammarly Chrome Extension to easily find and fix any grammar mistakes.
- Try to keep paragraphs concise. Avoid using more than three sentences in the same paragraph.
- No big blocks of unformatted text: use properly H2 and H3 headings within the article. See an example here.
The minimum length for an article to be published is 500 words. We recommend at least 750 words for the best results in indexing your article on search engines.
To include code in your article, you have two options:
1. Host the code as a Github Gist, and include the code gist url where appropriate in the following way:
[CODE_GIST] code_gist_url [/CODE_GIST]
In this case, we will include the code before publishing your article, and you won’t see the gist rendered in the preview.
2. Wrap all the code segments in <pre> </pre> tags:
<pre> Your code here </pre>
Important: If you are not the author of the code, or it was partially inspired by solutions you found online, make sure to reference where the code or the inspiration comes from (copying entire blocks of code from other articles without reference may be considered as non-original content in the same way as regular content).
To make your article stand out in the website and across social media previews, there must be at least one featured image in the article.
All the images used in the article must:
- Be relevant to the topic and help the readers visualize the point you are making.
- Have the proper license and attribution to avoid copyright violation.
- Be non-promotional: no company logos, links, call to action, etc.
What images to use:
- Pictures you took yourself, graphs you made, screenshots you took.
- Free photos from Pixabay, Unsplash, or NeedPix (which are released under a Creative Commons CC0 license and can therefore be used for free).
- Spend a few dollars for a photo from sites that release all licenses, e.g. Shuttershock, DepositPhotos, iStockphotos.
Make sure you have the right to use any image you include in your article and add an Image Credits section at the bottom of your article where you cite the source (including a link) of the image. Here is an example:
Featured Image: Unsplash
In-post Photo: Picture taken by author, January 2020
Reposting your article on other websites
If you want to republish your article on other websites after publishing on AITJ, make sure to help avoid duplicate content issues on search engines by:
- Waiting at least 14 days before republishing on other websites.
- On the repost article, adding a text and link to the original article on AI Time Journal as follows:
This article was originally published on AI Time Journal
(Make sure to change the link in the text above from the AITJ website to the URL of your article on AITJ).
Reposting on Medium
If you repost the article on Medium or a Medium publication, in addition to the steps above, please also make sure to set the canonical link setting to the URL of the article on AI Time Journal.
We reserve the right to remove articles that are republished on other websites without complying with these guidelines.
Article type ideas
- Technical tutorials and how-to guides about how to solve specific problems in data science, machine learning, etc.
- Applications of AI in business, e.g. analysis of how artificial intelligence is being applied to innovate in one particular industry (and the changes that it is bringing).
- Other ideas? Please share them when you apply.
How to submit your contributor article
- Fill in the contact form below.
- Include details on what you want to write about.
- Selected applicants will receive the invitation to complete their application and submit their first article.
- If no further edits are needed, the article is published within one week.