About AI Time Journal
The mission of AI Time Journal is to contribute to steering the development of Artificial Intelligence for the benefit of humanity.
We do this by sharing success stories, connecting people in AI, and highlighting the positive applications of Artificial Intelligence for people and businesses.
Table of contents
The AI Time Journal marketing internships are a platform for highly-motivated team players to learn and develop key marketing skills while building valuable relationships with some of the brightest minds in the exponentially growing field of Artificial Intelligence, including leaders and innovators from organizations such as Microsoft, Salesforce, and Nasa.
You will have an active role in our daily operations and work in a global remote team to research, plan, execute and evaluate our marketing campaigns. The goals will typically involve promoting our online events, ebook launches, interviews with top AI experts, and so forth.
We currently have 5 positions available in the following areas:
- Blogging Internship
- Public Relations Internship
- Social Media Internship
A sample of the learning objectives, areas of responsibility, and activities are reported below for each internship.
- Research, plan, execute and evaluate content marketing campaigns based on business objectives
- Create different types of valuable content (e.g. educational, informative articles) for the readers
- Experiment with different ways to engage readers through blogging and content marketing
- Write educational articles (tutorials, how-to-guides)
- Option to conduct interviews. Read about Nisha Arya Ahmed’s experience, and check out the articles she has published.
Public Relations Internship
- Conduct research to find new partnership opportunities
- Build and cultivate win-win relationships with key business stakeholders (including blogs, influencers, PR managers, partner event organizers) to achieve common business objectives.
- Be responsible for creating a great experience for our interview guests. When done right, this can result in appreciation messages like this Microsoft manager publicly thanking our Public Relations intern Rhenz Vergara.
- Research, plan, execute and evaluate marketing campaigns based on business objectives
- Prepare reports and evaluate the effectiveness of the current campaigns weekly
Social Media Internship
- Leverage company social media assets to execute marketing campaigns and achieve business objectives. See an example of a post engaging data science experts on LinkedIn by our Social Media intern Anh Luu.
- Research, plan, execute and evaluate marketing campaigns aimed at growing the company’s social media assets and the audience engagement
- Participate in building and growing engagement in company-controlled social media groups
- Monitoring social media web analytics on a weekly basis (e.g. page views, followers), and provide reports of growth
Podcast / Video Editing Internship
As a Video editor, you are responsible for the creation and production of content. You will be using your language skills and technical video editing ability to edit and produce some of the biggest social video content, working with editors and marketing interns to ensure the consistent output of content on the pages you will manage.
Each intern working on our podcast episodes will be credited for the videos of which they oversee the publication. As we are publishing interviews with top minds in AI that will receive a lot of traffic, this is a great opportunity for them to build a portfolio and promote their profile.
An overview of your responsibilities
- Edit podcasts and videos of interviews with top AI experts
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create engaging short clips out of longer podcast episodes and promote them on social media
- Create Podcast Intros and Outros
- Oversee the publication of podcast episodes to different platforms
- Periodically review and monitor analytics to gain insights and find new opportunities
- Brainstorm new and exciting formats and content to be published on social media
- Have a deep understanding of sourcing, copyright, research, and analytics
- Good use of Adobe
- Are passionate about video content on social media and interested in investing in an ambitious project
- Bonus: The candidate is interested in combining the Podcast and the Social Media internships
Creative Designer Internship
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our team to work on multimedia design and feed into our marketing and creative campaigns. Let us know your passions and how you can support our innovation!
You will report to the marketing manager and work in a multicultural team across multiple time zones. The internship is an opportunity to build a portfolio while creating design work for a fast-growing media business in the exponentially-growing field of AI.
You will be responsible for:
- Making our communications look and feel beautiful
- Designing ebook covers, banner ads, landing pages, podcast preview images, interview series logos, and other types of images and graphics
- Coordinate with the marketing teams to plan and execute campaigns
- Join team meetings to brainstorm ideas for new and innovative content, PR, and social media campaigns
We are looking for:
- Someone talented in Graphic Design, Visual Design and/or Motion Graphics
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator
- Proficiency in typography and layout design
- Solid written and verbal communication skill
Bonus points if you have:
- Video editing (Premiere)
- Experience with Sketch
Project and Operations Management Internship
Project management interns will gain experience with managing and automating operations in an online business and a remote team. They will help:
- Coordinate the team in key business processes including publishing ebooks and podcasts, launching new marketing campaigns, growing the team
- Devise processes and workflows for new projects
- Find and/or execute on opportunities to streamline current processes to enhance execution efficiency and lead us to constantly achieving greater highs
- Business administration
- International business
- Operations and supply chain management
- Project and operations management
- Engineering Management / Systems Engineering
This position relies on heavy communication skills to manage remote operations and the eagerness to quickly learn new tools and frameworks. We use Slack for team communication, Asana to manage operations and projects, and a number of other tools for automation, including Zapier, IFTTT, etc.
All the interns will have the opportunity to:
- Join team meetings to brainstorm ideas for new and innovative content, PR, and social media campaigns.
- Be part of building a strong remote team culture.
Learn more & FAQs
You can find more information about each internship in this document.
- All positions are entirely remote.
- Duration: The internship duration can be between 3 and 6 months.
- Working hours: 20 to 40 hours per week (based on previous internships, we have noticed that successful interns commit between 20 and 40 hours per week).
- Compensation: The internships are unpaid. Interns are compensated in knowledge, mentorship, and valuable real-world experience. Class credit can be earned.
- Bonus: It’s possible to combine 2 internships!
Further questions? We have answered some of the frequently asked questions here.
How to Apply
We receive many applications. Please send your answers to the following questions through the form linked below. We look forward to receiving your application!
1. How many hours can you commit per day/week and when would you be able to start?
2. Are you interested in more than one internship? (You can combine 2)
3. What would you like to learn?
4. What made you apply?
5. Do you have a portfolio? (For graphic design and video interns, having a portfolio is required. Please provide a link to your portfolio.)
6. Do you have any questions?
7. List out any of your social media handles (LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit, etc.).